Connecting Delaware to our world
After 17 months of closure for renovations, the Delaware Museum of Nature and Science reopened in May 2022, the culmination of a major metamorphosis.
Reimagining our main galleries, public spaces, and outdoor campus is at the heart of this metamorphosis. By switching from static dioramas to interactive, ecosystem-based engagements, the new Delaware Museum of Nature and Science will inspire people to discover, examine, and uncover the wonders of science in the natural world. The new museum will be the go-to place to learn about our world, how we are connected, and how we can make a difference.
Our transformation has already begun—and you are invited to be part of it. Help us achieve our Museum Metamorphosis with a pledge or gift today.
We need your help!
We’ve reached 87% of our goal! Our very generous supporters have donated $8.475 million. Any donation, of any size, will help complete the metamorphosis.
Our community spoke. We listened.
With extensive input from focus groups, community partners, stakeholder outreach, and experts in the field, we have broken down the barriers limiting typical natural history museums and placed our guests at the center of nature and science.
This metamorphosis requires a major investment. The resulting transformation will create powerful opportunities to reach, connect, educate, inspire, and motivate the current stewards of Earth and generations to come.
The budget for the Capital Campaign is $9.8 million, which includes design and construction of the new exhibits and outdoor components, installing an updated sprinkler system, and developing the new museum’s brand.
As of early June, five government entities (federal, state, county), 45 corporations, 29 foundations, and 428 individuals contributed 87 percent of our goal, demonstrating their confidence in the future path of the museum.
Your investment in Museum Metamorphosis: Connecting Delaware to Our World will:
- Help develop a caring society that respects and values our planet.
- Contribute to Delaware’s economic vitality with nature and science programming at an affordable price.
- Lay the foundation for STEM-related job training with high-quality nature and science education.
- Broaden and expand the museum’s reach and impact, with an emphasis on underserved audiences.
DISCOVER THE MUSEUM METAMORPHOSIS
- Gala & GlowA heartfelt thank you to all who celebrated the museum’s 50th anniversary — and theRead More Gala & Glow
- Research HeadquartersHow we know what we know: In the Research Headquarters, sponsored by DuPont, explore storiesRead More Research Headquarters
- Coral ReefOne of the most frequent questions asked about our exhibits: “Is the coral reef staying?”Read More Coral Reef
Museum Metamorphosis Leadership
Campaign Honorary Committee
The Hon. Lisa Blunt Rochester
The Hon. John Carney
The Hon. Tom Carper
The Hon. Chris Coons
Gerret van S. Copeland
The Hon. Krista Griffith
The Hon. Matthew S. Meyer
Blaine T. Phillips, Jr.
William H. Spence
The Hon. Laura Sturgeon
Campaign Steering Committee
Ian R. McConnel, Esq., Chair
Richard F. Cairns
E. Bradford du Pont, Jr.
Samuel I. Hyland
Ronald F. Logue, CTFA
Timothy B. Weymouth